1) THE WORLD’S LEADING ELECTRONIC PLATFORM. CME GLOBEX.
3) TRADE FUTURES AND OPTIONS. FASTER AND SIMPLER. The CME Globex platform was the first – and remains among the fastest – global electronic trading system for futures and options. Through its advanced functionality, high-reliability and global connectivity, it is now the world’s premier marketplace for derivatives trading. CME Globex gives you access to the broadest array of futures and options products available on any exchange, virtually around the clock, from anywhere in the world.
4) WHEN MARKETS MOVE, THEY MOVE ON CME GLOBEX. Reaping the greatest possible returns in today’s markets requires speed, liquidity and flexibility to execute complex strategies flawlessly and get in and out of positions easily. CME Globex gives you access to the broadest array of futures and options products available on any exchange, virtually around the clock. Our electronic trading platform offers customers: Speed Median inbound latency for order entry on CME Globex is 52 microseconds within our four walls. • More efficient access to real-time market data Breadth and Depth CME Globex offers a wide range of futures and options in thousands of possible expirations and spreads, including interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, agricultural commodities, energy, metals, weather, real estate and environmental commodities. • High-speed, high-volume capacity • Streamlined development efforts • Single source for production customer support • Access to free risk management tools • 10-deep futures and 3-deep options for most markets Access Around the World With global distribution and international hubs, CME Globex offers trading around the globe and around the clock. And through our partnerships with other exchanges, you have expanded access to growing markets in Latin America, Asia and the Middle East. • Improved options capabilities and a range of new products • Direct Order Routing to Brazil Exchange BM&FBOVESPA and Mexican Exchange MexDer, Mercado Mexicano de Derivados • Access to products listed directly on CME Globex and traded on the Dubai Mercantile Exchange (DME), the Korea Exchange (KRX), the Minneapolis Grain Exchange (MGEX) and Bursa Malaysia (BMD). ESTIMATED AVERAGE ORDER ENTRY ROUND TRIP TIME BY YEAR 450 140.000 2013 YTD (11/26/2013) Avg RTT = 2.876ms Median RTT = 466µ 400 350 100.000 300 80.000 250 200 60.000 150 40.000 100 20.000 - 50 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 Average Daily Order Volume RTT 2011 2012 2013 - Average Daily Total Order Volume (millions) Estimated Average Order Entry Round Trip Time (ms)* 120.000
5) HOW TO CONNECT 1. Select a front-end trading application Trades on CME Globex are executed in less than the blink of an eye and confirmations are immediately sent to the customer anywhere in the world. To access CME Globex, a front-end trading application is required. You may: • Use a third-party application provided by your broker, FCM, clearing firm or data center. • License your own third-party application from an Independent Software Vendor (ISV). If you are interested in advanced options functionality, visit cmegroup.com/ globexpartners to view demos. • Develop your own proprietary front-end system. • Use a CME Group-provided solution (CME Direct). If your FCM or ISV does not currently support enhanced functionality on CME Globex, you may wish to consider CME Direct. CME Direct provides access to CME futures and OTC markets securely over the internet, and includes an instant messaging interface. cmegroup.com/direct 2. Connect to CME Globex Once you have selected a front-end trading application, you can connect to CME Globex directly or indirectly. Direct Connection Customer-managed options: • ME Co-Location Services – The lowest latency connection C to CME Globex. Offering hosting, connectivity and support services cmegroup.com/colo • CME LNet – 1 Gb direct connectivity solution to the CME Globex fiber network via a CME Group-approved facility • CME Globex Hubs – connection to redundant data centers in Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, London, Mexico City, New York, São Paulo, Singapore, Seoul, and Tokyo • Client INTERNETLink – a secure, online VPN tunnel, commissioned in .5Mbps increments • CME EConnect — A client-managed 1 GB direct connectivity solution to the CME Globex fiber network from the CME Group local points of presence in New York and New Jersey • Jackson Direct – 1 GB direct connectivity solution to the CME Globex fiber network from the Chicago Board of Trade building at 141 W. Jackson Blvd. Chicago, IL Indirect Connection Connect to CME Globex via your broker, FCM, Clearing Firm, data center or a facilities provider. CME GLOBEX HUBS London to Asia Chicago New York Seoul Tokyo Hong Kong Mexico City Kuala Lumpur Singapore *The CME Globex Hub in Tokyo is currently available for market data connectivity only. Sao Paulo Access the CME Globex platform from more than 150 countries and foreign territories through a range of connectivity options. These include Internet connections, direct connections and several telecommunication hubs that provide reduced connectivity costs, increased accessibility and fast, efficient trading. to Chicago
6) TOOLS AND SUPPORT Available around the clock and around the world. CME Group delivers the services to ensure market continuity and reliability by providing tools and customer support online and over the phone. CME Globex Electronic Trading Platform Support Please contact the GCC in the U.S. at +1 800 438 8616, in Europe at +44 800 898 013 or in Asia at +65 6532 5010. The GCC only accepts calls from registered contacts. Please have your firm administrator call the GCC on your behalf. CME Global Command Center (GCC) The GCC, which is open 24 hours a day, five days a week, is the Market Operations and Customer Service desk for trading on CME Globex. The GCC handles inquiries, issues and support requests from registered customer contacts for all components of the CME Globex platform. The GCC also provides CME Globex order status and, in cases of emergency, can cancel customer orders. To learn more, visit cmegroup.com/gcc. CME Globex Reference Guide To learn more about the types of orders CME Globex accepts and to download the CME Globex Reference Guide, please visit cmegroup.com/globexreferenceguide. RISK MANAGEMENT TOOLS Risk Management Interface (RMI) An Application Programming Interface (API) and Graphical User Interface (GUI) that supports granular, pre-trade risk management for Clearing firms. RMI allows Clearing Firms to block or unblock order entry by execution firm, account, exchange, derivative type, and/or side. For more information, visit cmegroup.com/rmi FirmSoft A browser-based order management tool that provides real-time information on working and filled CME Globex orders, across multiple firm IDs. With FirmSoft, customers can view and cancel orders. For more information on FirmSoft, visit cmegroup.com/firmsoft. CME Globex Credit Controls (GC2) This tool provides pre-execution risk controls that enable clearing firm risk administrators to set credit limits. For more information, visit cmegroup.com/gc2. Drop Copy This service allows customers to receive realtime copies of the CME Globex execution report and reject messages as they are sent over iLink order entry sessions. For more information, visit cmegroup.com/dropcopy. Cancel on Disconnect (COD) Upon an involuntarily dropped CME Globex to iLink user connection, COD cancels all resting session/day futures and options orders for that user. For more information, visit cmegroup.com/cod. Kill Switch Kill Switch is a GUI that is designed to allow firms a one-step shutdown of all their CME Globex activity at the SenderComp ID level. For more information, visit cmegroup.com/ killswitch. Get started trading on CME Globex today. For more information please contact Global Account Management Learn more about the benefits delivered by the CME Globex platform at cmegroup.com/globex United States +1 312 634 8700 Europe +44 20 3379 3754 Asia +65 6593 5505
8) CME GROUP HEADQUARTERS CME GROUP GLOBAL OFFICES 20 South Wacker Drive Chicago, Illinois 60606 cmegroup.com Chicago New York +1 312 930 1000 +1 212 299 2000 London +44 20 3379 3700 Singapore Calgary Hong Kong +65 6593 5555 +1 403 444 6876 +852 3180 9387 Houston São Paulo Seoul +1 713 658 9292 +55 11 2565 5999 +82 2 6336 6722 Tokyo Washington D.C. +81 3242 6232 +1 202 638 3838 Futures trading is not suitable for all investors, and involves the risk of loss. Futures are a leveraged investment, and because only a percentage of a contract’s value is required to trade, it is possible to lose more than the amount of money deposited for a futures position. Therefore, traders should only use funds that they can afford to lose without affecting their lifestyles. And only a portion of those funds should be devoted to any one trade because they cannot expect to profit on every trade. All references to options refer to options on futures. CME Group is a trademark of CME Group Inc. The Globe Logo, CME, E-mini and Chicago Mercantile Exchange are trademarks of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. CBOT and the Chicago Board of Trade are trademarks of the Board of Trade of the City of Chicago, Inc. NYMEX is a registered trademark of the New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. S&P 500® is a trademark of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. and has been licensed for use by Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. NASDAQ-100® is a registered trademark of The Nasdaq Stock Market. Inc (“Corporations”). The Corporations and Nasdaq Financial Products Services, Inc. make no warranty, express or implied, and bear no liability with respect to the NASDAQ-100 Index, its use or any data included therein. “Dow Jones Industrial Average” is a service mark of Dow Jones Indexes and has been licensed for use for certain purposes by the Board of Trade of the City of Chicago (CBOT). The futures and futures options contracts based on these indexes are not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by Dow Jones, and Dow Jones makes no representation regarding the advisability of trading in such contract(s). References to CME Clearing are to CME’s U.S. Clearinghouse. The information within this brochure has been compiled by CME Group for general purposes only. CME Group assumes no responsibility for any errors or omissions. Additionally, all examples in this brochure are hypothetical situations, used for explanation purposes only, and should not be considered investment advice or the results of actual market experience. All matters pertaining to rules and specifications herein are made subject to and are superseded by official CME, CBOT and NYMEX rules. Current rules should be consulted in all cases concerning contract specifications. This communication does not constitute a Prospectus, nor is it a recommendation to buy, sell or retain any specific investment. This communication is for the exclusive use of Professional Clients only and must not be relied upon by Private Clients who should take independent financial advice. Circulation should be restricted accordingly. Issued by CME Marketing Europe Limited. CME Marketing Europe Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Copyright © 2015 CME Group. All rights reserved. PM394/00/1015